This is where my thoughts go.....You're reading my mind!

Ads By Google

Saturday, July 17, 2010

African Time

You are invited to our Prestigious event
Time: 2pm Prompt
Venue: Extremely expensive to rent hall in Lekki or Ikeja
Its 3:30 and I’m sitting at this Prestigious event and it’s not looking like they’ll start by 4.  

You are invited to our Prestigious event

Time: 2pm Prompt


Venue: Extremely expensive to rent hall in Lekki or Ikeja


Its 3:30 and I’m sitting at this Prestigious event and it’s not looking like they’ll start by 4. Because I’m an advocate of gettoplacesearly I’ve been here since 1. I left my house early because I live in Lagos and I have to expect the unexpected. One time oil spilled on half of Ikorodu Road and it set everyone back 2 hours. Many people didn’t even get to this event until around 3:10. They’ll tell you they knew the programme would start late and when you ask why they’ll tell you “We knew the program won’t start early” and the organizers tell you “We knew people won’t come till 4” and I still wonder if all these people are psychic


What exactly is African Time
African time is the excuse Africans have used for decades to delay basically everything. This middle class man watches SuperSport till 1am, he wakes up at 7:30, gets to his office at 9am and blames traffic!! I always tell people “You know there’ll be traffic, so live your house one freaking hour early.” The Senate delays the budgetary thingy till it’s the beginning of the exact year, and the President doesn’t sign it on time because he still needs to go through it. I don’t think Nigeria’s 2010 budget has been approved. Its July already!!!!


The GOD excuse
These set of late comers enjoy using out-of-context bible passages as excuses for everything. Like “All things work together for good…..” and they forget “…for those who love the Lord”. My response for this people is “So, God wants you to lose your job and reduce you to poverty?”.


Early to bed early to rise….
The saying goes “early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” This is so simple because doing stuff late is like a big cycle. It goes round and round and never stops. If you sleep late, you’ll wake up late, you’ll get to class late, you’ll not have enough time left to copy the note…….and you’ll fail your exam. Then you’ll now be fasting and asking God why. Its not rocket science…You didn’t keep to time!. Another saying goes “Those who snooze lose”.


Nelson Mandela said….
One time Nelson Mandela was asked by a journalist “When do you think It’ll be Africa’s time to be at the center of the world” and Nelson Mandela said “It’ll be time when Africans all by watches and keep to the time on the watches”. Okay I didn’t quite get the quote right….but you get my point


Drake has a quote sef….
“Better late than never, Never late is better”



To comment on this post, please click the topic of this post, if the comments section is not open. Thank you.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Afrigator