This is where my thoughts go.....You're reading my mind!

Ads By Google

Saturday, August 20, 2011

HP Discontinues WebOS, Plans To Exit PC Market and Drops TouchPad Prices to $100 in Canada!

When HP Initially announced it's plans to Spin Off it's PC division and buy Autonomy Europe for $10Billion. I was like "Okay, For Why?". The next thing we hear, HP discontinued its WebOS platform for its TouchPad and other devices. The discontinuation of the WebOS platform is due to the very very slow sales the tablet has seen. It has potential, Yes, but it isn't selling. The day before that, BestBuy asked HP to take back it's TouchPads as only 10% of BestBuy's order sold.



 As for the PC Business, Consumer PC Sales have been a drag since the iPad's launch. Yes, the iPad. Also there's been an increase in sales of Apple's MAC's recently. HP introduced the first mass produced PC in 1986, the Hewlett-Packard 9100A desktop calculator. As if this wasn't enough, I woke up this morning to see that HP had made a liquidation order and dropped TouchPad 16GB prices to $100 and 32GB to $150 in Canada[Dunni, Dunni, Dunni, Buy me one. How many times did I call you?]. We're not sure what HP's plans for the 64GB Touchpad are. There's also no word as to whether these price drops will reach the US and EU.

My plan is to buy one of the TouchPads, probably 16GB and then root Android to it. I can't carry last on this one!
Afrigator