This is where my thoughts go.....You're reading my mind!

Ads By Google

Monday, March 11, 2013

Journal 15: Selling Pure Wateh In Foreign Kawntry

I might decide to write this post entirely in a Ghanian accent beces, Nana won't let us hear word on this thing.

Okay.

In my second week here, it suddenly occured to me that we'll usually go to the grocery store downstairs to buy water. Plus, the sales guy doesn't interact with us foreigners. He's not deaf and dumb.




It also occured to me that a bag of water cost 1.50 cedis. Each bag contains 30 sachets and each sachet costs 0.10 cedis. The grocery store probably buys the bag between 1.00 or 1.20 cedis. Anywhichway, buying a bag for 1.50 and selling the contents will result in revenue of 3.00 and profit of 1.50. Almost enough for two super yogos and an unlimited daily data plan from Tigo.

To test this out, TT Mensah convinced us to buy a bag of water. I'm in a room of four[it's not as bad as it seems] and we finished an entire bag in less than 24 hours. It's insanely hot here in the afternoons. We're on the equator.

There are at least 8 rooms on my side of the first floor. You can do the math.

There's also no running cost and there's not staff. The water isn't cold but the plastic material used for sachet water here is quite different. It's always cool.

I'm also not opening shop when I have classes.

I'm excited to see how this goes. As long as Nana and TT stop buying pure water on credit.

What I've read recently.

These 8 Mac Characters Will Crash Most Mac Programs - Mashable

Here Are The Top 10 Super Bowl Ads According to 30K Tivos - TechCrunch

Eric Schmidt - A week of Africa

MySpace Squandered The Only Thing It Had Left - TechCrunch

ReadWrite - Why Do Americans Hate Android And Love Apple?

The Rise Of Entrepreneurship on College Campuses[INFOGRAPHIC] - YoungEntrepreneur
Someone took off the "Pure Water Available For Sale" paper off the door. The competition is tensioned or people can't just respect property of others.
Afrigator