This is where my thoughts go.....You're reading my mind!

Ads By Google

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Journal Number iDontRemeberWhereIStopped: This Competition Thing They Make Us Do In School

My roomate's called him about two days ago. His dad told him something about taking something from whoever was leading the class.
I dunno how this happened but it took me back to primary 1.

After primary 1, my primary school had the prize giving day. It just so happened that the person that was awarded the first position wasn't the first person to submit in any of the exams.



Now I left nursery school about a year before. There was so sort of competition in nurse school. Suddenly, it's prize giving day after primary 1 and they're saying Tofunmi is first. Tunde submitted first. I was genuinely confused.

I didn't get the concept of grades, recording and position until I moved to Sunnyfields in primary 3.

My 4 year old mind just couldn't understand the point of positions. In my head, 'carrying first' meant doing something and finishing before others. Like during inter-house sports.

What I read today?
Just check @seyitaylor's timeline http://twitter.com/technesstivity. Everything is there

Flipboard is saying they'll give us version 2.0 on Android soon. So I can do a magazine of stuff I read.






Afrigator