This is where my thoughts go.....You're reading my mind!

Ads By Google

Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Problem With "All Round Education"

"All round education" is what a lot of educationists that run schools promise across the world. There are simple reasons why this in itself is a major flaw.

1. Knowledge is Infinite

It is impossible to know everything about everything.

2. What do I do with this knowledge?

Knowing too much about too much creates a problem between Secondary School and University/Post - University. So what am I going to do with all this knowledge? What do I want to be with all this knowledge? Can I use it all?

3. What's the point of Expertise?

A semester long accounting course does not adequately prepare me for building accounting software. I think it's better people are encouraged to work with(or hire) field/knowledge experts. This I know-it-all thing doesn't work in real life.

You can keep up with the stuff I read by subscribing to my Flipboard magazine.
Afrigator